Kennel Assistant (Updated 3/21/17) – Part Time
We are looking for an energetic team member that understands the importance of keeping clients and their pets happy and will go the extra mile. This person has a positive attitude, genuinely enjoys working with animals and is able to deal with them even when they are stressed, ill, or in pain. This position requires self-motivation, organization, and an eye for detail and cleanliness. The kennel assistant is responsible for the cleanliness and comfort of our patients and boarders as well as the overall cleanliness of the hospital. These duties include but are not limited to: feeding, bathing, medicating, record keeping and the cleanliness of cages, runs and ward areas. During busy times, the kennel assistant is expected to assist the receptionists and technicians in whatever tasks are requested – restraining for blood draws, nail trims, etc. Experience with feeding, cleaning, and caring for animals is preferred. This position requires long periods of standing or walking throughout the day. Must be able to work weekends and lift up to 35lbs unassisted.
We are seeking a Kennel Assistant to join our team! At Kiln Creek Animal Care, we strive to take exceptional care of our patients AND our clients. As a kennel assistant at KCAC, you will be responsible for the overall care and well-being of the animals at our facility and also assisting other areas of the hospital during busy times.
- Handle general care tasks such as feeding and medicating of the animals
- Assist in restraining animals for veterinary management
- Keep records of animal feedings, treatments, and any abnormal activity
- Bathing and minor grooming of cats and dogs
- Maintain a clean and healthy environment for the animals and throughout the entire hospital
- Communicate effectively with clients and with other staff-members
- Previous experience in animal care or other related fields
- Passion to help and treat animals
- Ability to interact with animals in a calm, non-threatening manner
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be self-motivated and hard-working individual
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 35 lbs unassisted
- Must be willing to work some weekends and holidays
Please send all resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by to fill out an application.